The Human Experience in the Time of Coronavirus
On the weekend of 30-31 May 2020, U3A Port Phillip launched an exhibition of photographs taken by or of U3APP Members.
Purpose of the Exhibition
The purpose of the exhibition is three-fold:
- To continue and expand U3APP’s commitment to engaging its members in ongoing educational and creative activities.
- To provide an avenue for illustrating the creative talents of U3APP members
- To contribute to the historical record of the life and times of the corona virus pandemic.
The exhibition is really to have a look at our time throughout the Coronavirus pandemic through a collection of digital photographs (camera, phone, iPad) capturing and recording the human experience, since shut down on 16 March.
Criteria for Submission of Photographs
- The photograph must be taken by or of U3APP Member(s).
- As the aim of the exhibition is to capture and record the human experience, to be eligible for submission photographs must include at least one person or the activities of a person. Photographs that do not involve people, such as where the primary subject is an animal/bird or other creature, or the activities of an animal/bird or other creature are not eligible for submission.
- The photograph must include a caption to illuminate thoughts or explain why the photograph represents ‘the human experience in the time of corona virus'. The caption must also include the name of the U3APP member submitting the photograph.
It should be noted that as this is an exhibition is not a competition - emotional impact rather than technical composition is more the criterion for submission.
It is intended that photographs which meet the criteria will be displayed on the U3APP website and that one or more photographs will be published in the e-Bulletin on a weekly basis. The selection of photographs will be undertaken by U3APP’s resident photographer Barry McIntosh assisted by Rob Creed and Aziza Khamlichi.
It is possible that the U3A photographs could be displayed as a feature of the City of Port Phillip Seniors Festival.
NOTE: The closure date for submission of photographs is Friday 18 September 2020.
These instructions are only accessible if you are a logged in U3APP financial member.