OFFICER (AO) IN THE GENERAL DIVISION OF THE ORDER OF AUSTRALIA
Dr John Alexander CRAVEN, Middle Park VIC 3206
For distinguished service to food biosecurity and environmental safety, to veterinary
science research, and to the dairy industry.
• Director, Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority, 2011-2016.
• Director, Terip Solutions Pty Ltd, 1997-2016.
• Author, Craven Review of Veterinary Science Education and Registration
• Farm Portfolio Manager, Dairy Research and Development Corporation, 1989-1997.
• Member, Chicken Meat Research Council, 1987-1991.
Food Standards Australia New Zealand
• Director, 2002-2009.
• Agricultural Representative, Victorian Food Standards Committee, 5 years.
• Chair, Animal Ethics Committee, Swinburne University of Technology, 2012-2017.
• Chair, Veterinary Schools Accreditation Advisory Committee, Australasian Veterinary
Boards Council, 2001-2006.
• Member, Peer Review Panel, NZ Tertiary Education Commission, 2012, 2006, and
• Academic Associate, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Melbourne, c1974-
Department of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, Victoria
• Regional Manager, 1986-1989.
• Officer in Charge, Attwood Veterinary Research Laboratory, 1971-1986.
• Member, Board of Enquiry, Australian Dairy Industry, 1975-1976.
• Foundation Member, Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists,
• Life Member, Australian Veterinary Association, current.
Awards and Recognition include:
• Doctor of Veterinary Science, DVSc (honoris causa), University of Melbourne, 2017.
• Dairy Research Foundation Award in Dairy Science, NSW Dairy Corporation, 1999.