The Course Guide for First Term is available towards the end of November in the preceding year, with enrolment in December. The Course Guide is updated regularly during the year as courses are added and changed. New courses are also advertised in the e-Bulletins.
When enrolments open, you can enrol online in a course until it fills, at which point you can add your name to the waitlist.
Course and enrolment information, including term dates and enrolment start dates, is published on the U3APP website and in the e-Bulletin prior to the enrolment period.
- PAY or RENEW your membership before you enrol. Membership renewals open on 1 November of the year preceding the new course year.
- Do you want to enrol in a course?
Note: No enrolments are carried over from the previous calendar year!
- Do you want to go on the waitlist for any course shown as FULL on the website?
- Second, Third and Fourth terms:
- Do you want to remain in a course that you are already enrolled in and attending? NO ACTION
- Do you want to remain on the waitlist for a course that is continuing from the previous term and you are already on the waitlist? NO ACTION
- Are you on a waitlist for a course but no longer want to be on the waitlist?
- Will you miss a class during the term?
- Are you enrolled in a course but do not want to continue?
- Do you want to see who is enrolled in your course?
These policies aim to give all members an equal opportunity to enrol in a class of their choice:
- No preference is given to members enrolled in any course in previous years.
- All courses are open for enrolment on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Individual tutors may have particular requirements for eligibility in their classes.
- You may only enrol in 2 exercise classes and 2 language classes – marked (E) or (L) in the course guide.
- We maintain waitlists for all courses and events once they fill. Waitlists are actively managed throughout the year, so you have a good chance of gaining a place if you put yourself on a waitlist.
- When a space becomes available in a full course or event, it is automatically offered to the first person on the waitlist. If that person is unable to accept the position, the place is offered to the next person on the list.
- If an additional course is organised for a full course, spaces are automatically offered to the people on the waitlist, in the order in which they were waitlisted, before being opened for bookings by other members.
- Out of courtesy to our tutors and to keep our records up-to-date, we request that you apologise in advance if you are going to miss one or more classes.
- Three sequential non-attendances without an apology may mean you will lose your place.
- If you give notice of extended leave for five or more consecutive weeks from weekly classes – or three or more from fortnightly classes – that vacated place will be offered to the first person on the waitlist, and you will in turn be moved to the top of the waitlist for that course. This policy will only affect courses which have a waitlist and if required the tutor will be consulted to make sure that the move is appropriate. We anticipate that a member will be able to return to class soon after their extended leave. Click here to read a fuller version of the extended planned leave policy.
Withdrawal from a course
- Out of courtesy to our tutors, to keep our records up-to-date and to make your place available to someone else, we request that you officially withdraw if you stop attending a course altogether.