Tutor/Facilitator John Beaney
Date: on/from Tue 29 Aug 2023 to Tue 21 Nov 2023
Class time: 9:30-11:30
NOTE: This course does not provide medical advice. It is intended to provide information, education and general interest. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Modern industrial agriculture and food production is having an enormous impact on both our personal health and climate change The ten segments over three terms are lively, emphasise positive outcomes and will include plenty of time for questions and discussion. If you enjoy one, you will probably enjoy them all – or just choose the segments that interest you.
- Regreening the Planet for Health and Wellbeing – 5 weeks (2/5 – 30/5)
- Cholesterol – innocent or guilty? – 1 week (6/6)
- Alzheimer’s Disease – 3 weeks (13/6 – 27/6)
- No session (4/7)
- Living to a Ripe Young Age – 6 weeks (11/7-15/8))
- Why doesn’t my doctor know about what you teach – 1 week (22/8)
- Healing Ourselves and the Planet 4 weeks (29/8 – 19/9)
- No session (26/9)
- Fixing the Leaks (Leaky gut) – 3 weeks (3/10 – 17/10)
- Big Bang to Big Mac (life through the evolutionary lens) – 2 weeks (24/10 – 31/10)
- No session (7/11)
- If I just do one thing – I week (14/11)
- Review and Q and A – 1 week (21/11)
REQUIREMENTS: An enquiring mind
TUTOR: When John retired after 45 years as a general practitioner, he changed his diet and lost 24 kilos. This led him to an in-depth study of how what we eat impacts our health and, more recently, how modern industrial agriculture is contributing to desertification of the planet. He has been sharing these fascinating and ever-evolving subjects with fellow U3A members for eight years. The Friday talk each week in course 5H03 is live but repeats the previous Tuesday 2H04 talk.