Tutor/Facilitator Harry Wenig
Date: on/from Wed 5 Feb 2020 to end year
Class time: 1:30-3:30
Henry Wenig explains the many factors which influence the creation of great music.
Here are the links for the first two “sessions” of Term 2.
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (Biography) – Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyotr_Ilyich_Tchaikovsky
- Emil Gilels – Tchaikovsky – Concerto N 1 (34 mins.) https://youtu.be/lKh0czWT96c
- David Oistrakh – Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 35 (36 mins.) https://youtu.be/5fBHMz_S5us
- Tchaikovsky: A Life by Alexander Poznansky http://en.tchaikovsky-research.net/pages/Tchaikovsky:_A_Life
- Eugene Onegin: Letter Scene (Anna Netrebko) (3.27 mins) https://youtu.be/Nm0zJt-UeB0
- Pyotr Tchaikovsky (Article) – The Kennedy Center https://www.kennedy-center.org/artists/t/ta-tn/pyotr-tchaikovsky
- Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov | Russian composer | Britannica https://www.britannica.com/biography/Nikolay-Rimsky-Korsakov
- Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov – Tchaikovsky Research http://en.tchaikovsky-research.net/pages/Nikolay_Rimsky-Korsakov
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade – Celibidache, RSS (1982) – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3O3Q5qae_I
- Rimsky-Korsakov ‘Russian Easter Festival Overture’ – Stokowski conducts – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8bGIK2vomg
- Rimsky-Korsakov ‘Dubinushka’ – Stokowski conducts – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i8M7FShg7w
Enrolments / Bookings
You are not logged in or registered.
You must be a financial member and logged in to enrol in a class.
If you are not a U3APP member and are booking for an event that is open to non-members, then please register below.
Members please login using the Membership Login in the sidebar to the right of the page. Login with your email address and password. If you haven't used the system before, your password is also set to your email address. If you've changed it but forgotten what you changed it to, send an email to [email protected] and we will reset your password for you.
This course or event is FULL. Please return to the Courses and Enrolling page to Waitlist yourself by clicking on the word WAITLIST beside the name of the course or event.