Tutor/Facilitator Marcel Colman
Date: on/from Fri 24 Mar 2023 to end year
Frequency: 2nd and 4th Friday of each month
Class time: 9:30-11:00
Mary Kehoe Centre, Room 3
* Topics considered are determined by CA participants and can range across global to local matters.
* Topics for discussion are open ended and can cover matters of ethics, government, service delivery, health, environment, media, economics, law, legislation, and politics, etc.
* The class may decide to focus on a particular topic as a session theme for more detailed discussions.
* Current Affairs is a political neutral setting and the confidentiality of all class members is to be maintained.
* An ability to see the irrelevance of things is also encouraged.
REQUIREMENTS: Commitment to discuss and share ideas, information, articles, links to information sources, documents, etc. The intent being to broaden one’s knowledge of international, national and local issues.
Controversial topics are part of the agenda; participation requires being respectful of all opinions..
TUTOR: Marcel’s background:
- Policy development (at state and national levels)
- Facilitated joint development projects across private and public sectors
- Involvement in design and urban planning projects
- Participant in local government forums and working parties
- Committed to on-going learning and mental wellbeing through U3A activity
Local resident for 35+ years