Date of event or class - Tue 17 Jul
Tutor/Facilitator Colin MacLeod
Frequency Weekly, 5 sessions
Mary Kehoe Centre, Room 1
This course will cover:
- The context of Australian constitutional history (British constitutional history)
- Early Australian colonial constitutions
- The build-up to Federation
- Debate on the content and structure of the Constitution
- The passing of the Australian Constitution Act by the House of Commons
- The interpretation and implementation of the Constitution
- The 1967 Referendum (Aboriginal provisions)
- Proposed future referendum (the Uluru Statement)
5 sessions, from 17 July to 14 August.
TUTOR: Colin has an impressive background that includes: barrister, judge and magistrate; patrol officer in the Northern Territory working with Australian Aborigines; lecturer at Prahran Technical College and RMIT; author of Patrol in the Dreamtime and A Strong Song.
Post-retirement activities include: assisting ex-prisoners after release from prison; Bachelor of Theology (covering Aboriginal religion, Islam, God/Science).
Enrolments / Bookings
You are not logged in or registered.
You must be a financial member and logged in to enrol in a class.
If you are not a U3APP member and are booking for an event that is open to non-members, then please register below.
Members please login using the Membership Login in the sidebar to the right of the page. Login with your email address and password. If you haven't used the system before, your password is also set to your email address. If you've changed it but forgotten what you changed it to, send an email to [email protected] and we will reset your password for you.
This course or event is FULL. Please return to the Courses and Enrolling page to Waitlist yourself by clicking on the word WAITLIST beside the name of the course or event.