Date of event or class - Fri 2 Feb
Tutor/Facilitator Olivia Morrison
Frequency weekly for 6 weeks
Mary Kehoe Centre, Room 1
The Life! program is a lifestyle modification program run by expert health professionals that helps individuals reduce their risk of developing lifestyle-related diseases like type 2 diabetes, stroke and cardiovascular disease.
This informative program will cover:
Week 1: Introduction
* Goal setting. Each participant sets 2-3 personal health goals to work towards over the next 6 weeks.
* Nutrition topic 1: Fat vs fibre; ‘plate portions’ for weight loss and reducing the risk of lifestyle-related disease.
Week 2: Nutrition
* Visual presentation of portion sizes for different food groups.
Weeks 3-4: Exercise
* The dangers of sitting.
* What types of exercise are right for you?
* Label reading: how to choose healthy options.
* Nutritional Information Panel Activity.
Week 5: Nutrition & Stress/Sleep Management
* Mindful eating – non-diet approach to healthy eating.
* Chocolate eating activity.
* Techniques to manage stress and improve sleep.
* Physiology: stress and sleep hormones.
Week 6: Planned Lapses & Summary
* Planned lapses and how to overcome a ‘relapse’.
* Revisit goals from week 1.
* Summary booklet: tips for healthy eating, recipes, at-home workouts.
TUTOR: Olivia Morrison is an accredited and practising dietitian.
6 sessions only
Enrolments / Bookings
You are not logged in or registered.
You must be a financial member and logged in to enrol in a class.
If you are not a U3APP member and are booking for an event that is open to non-members, then please register below.
Members please login using the Membership Login in the sidebar to the right of the page. Login with your email address and password. If you haven't used the system before, your password is also set to your email address. If you've changed it but forgotten what you changed it to, send an email to [email protected] and we will reset your password for you.
To enrol in a course, you must be a financial member of U3A Port Phillip.If you are financial and still unable to book, it means bookings have not yet opened.