The late President John F. Kennedy famously said "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country".
Similarly, we ask "What can YOU do for U3A Port Phillip?"
Volunteering is the lifeblood of U3A. How else could one enjoy hundreds of dollars worth of tuition for such a modest fee if it weren't for the generosity of our tutors and support staff?
Within U3APP we have a band of enthusiastic assistants carrying out a myriad of tasks, but as we grow, more help is vital. It cannot be left to a few. Every member is expected to contribute to the success of your U3A. Each of you has a unique skill that can be utilised. You'll also make new friends along the way.
To see the way our volunteer organisation is structured, click on U3APP Organisation Structure.
Our most important volunteers are our dedicated tutors - without whom there would be no courses. You don't need to be an experienced teacher, just have an enthusiasm for a topic or a pastime.
For more information about tutoring at U3APP, click on Become a Tutor.
But we also couldn't operate without the volunteer support teams, such as:
- Course Coordination Team volunteers who recruit and support tutors, manage the course timetable
- Office volunteers who look after the office at Mary Kehoe Centre each day
- IT and Enrolment Team volunteers who maintain the website, send the U3APP newsletter, and manage online membership and enrolment
- Catering Team volunteers who organise food and drink for events
- Committee of Management who set the strategic direction, manage the finances and corporate administration, liaise with external stakeholders
So the next time you are at U3APP, drop into the Office and introduce yourself to one of the other volunteers, or give us a call on 9696 3495, or send an email to email@example.com