Would you like to contribute to U3A Port Phillip? Below are our current opportunities for volunteers. For our volunteer roles we usually try to recruit a team, so that they can back each other up if someone is travelling, ill, or just unexpectedly busy, and so that succession planning is easier. So don't be afraid to put your hand up - the job will not be too onerous. And the more volunteers we have, the easier it is for everyone. All you need is a desire to contribute, a willingness to learn, and a degree of patience.
The Office Coordinator is the trouble-shooter for any day to day issues in the U3APP Office. He or she should be
- familiar with all the tasks that the Office Volunteers are expected to do
- be able to help or backstop in the event of something not working, or someone being in difficulties
- ensure that Office supplies are replenished as needed
- liaise with City of Port Phillip over bookings of rooms at Mary Kehoe that are additional to our normal program (for meetings, special events, etc)
The Office Coordinator works with current volunteers and volunteer teams who
- organise and manager the Office Volunteers roster
- collect supplies from OfficeWorks bought on-line by the Office Coordinator
- liaise with City of Port Phillip over building maintenance issues (Committee position)
- manage the IT and Enrolment systems.
The Office Coordinator does not need to be in the Office on a regular basis, but needs to be able to come in when required to solve a problem or resolve an issue. Most issues can be dealt with via phone or email from home.
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tutor Liaison person
- ensures that new tutors receive appropriate induction before their first class, including
- information about the venue they are using
- instructions on how to use AV equipment, etc
- information about U3APP policies, processes and procedures for enrolment of course members, including Waitlisting
- instructions about the maintenance of attendance rolls
- provides the first point of contact for tutors who have any issues
- works with the Course Coordination team for any issues that require timetabling changes
- ensures that the IT and Enrolment team are informed about changes to courses (including cancellation of classes) in time to make the appropriate changes to the website and e-rolls, and to notify course members of any change
Ideally the Tutor Liaison person would be someone who is, or has been, a tutor and is therefore already familiar with the above, but this is not essential - training can be provided.
If interested, please contact Coursecoord@u3app.org.au.
The Course Coordination Team is a small group of members who organise tutors, courses, time tabling etc. We are looking for a person to take on the role of Course Developer to be responsible for seeking out new courses and tutors so that our increasing membership has access to an even wider range of options and experiences. If you are interested in taking on this challenge, please contact Coursecoord@u3app.org.au.