U3APP offers over 80 continuing courses ranging from Art to Yoga, as well as shorter courses and one-off events, all free to members for a modest annual membership fee.
All our courses are taught or presented by volunteers. This means the range of courses is partly dictated by the availability of people to teach, as well as by the demands of our membership.
Our courses include
- Languages: courses in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Chinese Mandarin.
- Exercise: courses include Yoga, Feldenkrais, Strength and Interval Training
- Health: Meditation and other courses about staying well mentally and physically
- Art: Life Drawing, Colouring, Watercolours
- Books and Writing: Book Groups and Writers Groups
- Music: Choir and several ensemble groups
- Films: several film groups
- Computer skills
- Lectures and Talks: Science, Philosophy, History, Literature, etc
Once you become a financial member of U3APP, you can enrol in as many courses as you wish for no extra charge (except for occasional charges for course notes, special venue hire, the cost of excursions etc). There are some limits set from time to time on the number of courses of the same type for popular courses such as languages and exercise courses - details are in our Enrolment Policies. There are no academic entry requirements nor any assessments or examinations.
We are always looking for new tutors and new ideas for courses. So if you have an interest or passion you'd like to share with others, please get in touch with our Course Coordination team.